Wednesday, January 31, 2007

THE WINTER OF NEVERENDING DISAPPOINTMENT

I don't have to tell you that I totally busted my forecast last night. I think everybody did, except Todd Gross. This winter is proving to be very deadly for people like me trying to put out a snowfall forecast. The models have become so unreliable that I feel like we are reduced to just forecasting on a whim.

Now that I got that out of the way, I have more bad news. Its looking clearer that the storm system for Friday will now be heading mostly if not all out to sea and will just graze the extreme eastern portion of New England with a mix of rain and snow. Accumulations look to be minor at best. Maybe a sloppy inch?

That said, any developments or changes to the forecast and I will be the first to report them. For now, its still looking like the winter of neverending disappointments for us snowlovers. Sorry, I wish I could change this horrific sequence of events.

No comments: