Tuesday, January 30, 2007

KEEPING MY FORECAST FROM YESTERDAY

FWIW, there is a SNOW ADVISORY for SE MA and the Cape. It basically calls for snow to start around 10PM and continue until about NOON, ending from NW to SE. The Cape may go into ocean effect mode after the real meat and potatoes ends, adding to their accumulations. NWS is calling for a dusting to an inch outside of the advisory area to 2-4" in SE MA, then a whopping 3-6"+ for the extreme outer part of the Cape.

I will be sticking to my map from yesterday and hope for the best. I think that NWS may be overdoing it a tad, but the difference between a 2-4" forecast and a 3-6" forecast is really splitting hairs to tell you the truth. I was going to make a new map and post 2-5" for the Cape, but system stalled and I didn't bother.

Enjoy the snow as the once promising late week storm may want to stay out to sea and spare our area from any appreciable snows, except maybe the Cape and Islands where a few inches is still possible.

Its turning into NOWCAST time and I will be posting the snowfall amounts from tonight and tomorrow morning in tomorrow's post.

No comments: