Friday, January 11, 2008

FIRST CALL: Biggest Storm of the Season?

Here is my first call for the possible major Nor'easter for New England on Monday. The range of these snowfall contours could still change by say 50 miles either way, but I am becoming confident that the heaviest snow will fall in the corridor from Hartford to Worcester to Boston up past Manchester, NH and Portland, ME. Here is where I think a general 6-10" of snow is possible with a few 12-14" lolly-pops here and there. Even areas on the South Shore should stay mostly if not all snow and see between 4-8" of snow and right now I am leaning towards the higher amounts on all my ranges for SNE and Downeast Maine could be seeing close to 15-20" of snowfall with near blizzard conditions later Monday and Monday night. The Cape is of course the wild card with perhaps 3-7" of snow, less if it mixes with more rain and more if it stays snow. I could see the outer Cape getting 2-3", while if you move towards Falmouth or Wareham, you could come closer to 5-7". These details will be ironed out later. Right now, all I will say is that a major storm is now likely around here on Monday. School cancellations look likely ATTM with a hectic AM commute in the heaviest of the snow.

No comments: