Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tough Forecast; Making Final Call

This storm does not look as good as say it did last night. We have been banking on a front end dump from this storm and I just don't think we are going to do it. I believe the Cape starts off as mostly rain with a few sleet pellets mixed in. Then it will change to all rain even up to say Hull and Quincy before the storm even gets started. Boston may get an hour or two of snow, but quickly change to sleet and rain within hours of starting. Snow accumulations in Boston look to be around an inch. The pink area has a chance of seeing anywhere between 1-3" snow followed by a period of sleet and freezing rain. I don't think freezing rain will be a big deal from this storm. Sleet will be the primary form of ice here with this storm. I pushed back the 3-6" swath much further west. Here, a change to sleet is even possible for a duration of the storm, cutting down on amounts. Once you get way out past Rutland, VT, will see over 6" of snow with perhaps over a foot in northern New England.

I will do my city by city forecast for this storm....

Providence..........Less than 1"
Hartford...............Around 1"
Worcester.............2-3"
Boston...................Around 1"
Nashua, NH..........3-4"
Keene, NH............4-5"

I will post any advisories or warnings that should go up today by the NWS.

No comments: