Thursday, March 01, 2007

Final Call on March Winter Storm

Here is my final call for the storm. I pushed the mainly rain line much closer into the city of Boston. I am keeping much of SNE in the 1-3" range, with up to 3-6" in northern Worcester county. All of this snow will generally accumulate by daybreak Friday which may cause some delayed openings for schools north of the Mass Turnpike. Closer to the state border and especially in Worcester County, there may be a few closings with numerous school closings likely in southern NH and VT.

You can read my reasoning on lowering snowfall accumulations from yesterday's post in the comment section of the last post. Generally, I think this will be a storm that will raise hopes, only to dash them as many media outlets may be forecasting up to 6" near Boston, which just will not happen. Sorry snowlovers.
Quick City by City Forecast
IN MASSACHUSETTS
Boston: 1"
Woburn: 2"
Worcester: 3"
Fitchburg: 4.5"
Lowell: 3.5
Methuen: 3"
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Nashua: 5"
Manchester: 6"
Concord: 7"
North Conway: 18"
MAINE
Portland: 7"
Bangor: 10"
Sunday River: 20"
That is all for now, I wish I had better news for SNE snowlovers, but I just don't. Some good news is that an arctic blast is forecasted to slam the region by early next week with highs in the lower 20's. Chances of snow? Possible. We will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

E.H. Boston said...

18z NAM just came out and made my speculation more concrete. It is much warmer with the precip delayed a bit that allows all columns to warm up so once any heavy duty precip makes it in, most of it should be in the liquid form.

I will wait and see to see what the 18z GFS brings out, but prospects of decent snow tomorrow are dwindling fast.